“Take-12” Self-Evaluation Questionnaire for Professionals
This self-evaluation will help you discover words, phrases, and sentences to help you establish your credibility with investors and others who do not know you yet. It is vital that "you" be able to tell people about yourself without sounding like an arrogant ass who is bragging for the sake of bragging to try to impress. The answers you come up with to the questions below will be used to develop your own specific compelling and memorable answers to, “Why you?”
- What would you and others say are five of your personality pluses?
- What are the ten most interesting things you have done or that have happened to you?
- What do you do for a living and how did you end up doing it?
- What do you like/love about your current job/career?
- How does your job/career use your skills and talents, and what projects are you working on right now that best showcase them?
- What career successes are you most proud of having accomplished (from current position and past jobs)?
- What new skills have you learned in the last year?
- What obstacles have you overcome to get where you are today, both professionally and personally?
- What essential lessons have you learned from some of your mistakes or failures?
- What training/education have you completed and what did you gain from those experiences?
- What professional organizations are you associated with and in what ways member, board, treasurer, or the like?
- How do you spend your time outside of work, including hobbies, interests, sports, family, and volunteer activities?
- In what ways are you making a difference in people's lives?
As you can see, the Take-12 is actually made up of 13 questions. Since I have been using this with real people like you, I find that Question 8 and 9 are better answered separately rather than as one. Question 9 is one of the most important questions to answer here, which will lead to incredible stories you can share with investors that demonstrate how you think and react to change, mistakes, and failure.
“Take 12” is from Peggy Klaus, author of Brag! The Art of Tooting Your Horn Without Blowing It