"I prepare people for high-stakes presentations by rehearsing them as if they were performing in a Broadway show."
Who am I?
My name is Nathan Gold, also known as The Demo Coach. I hail from the San Francisco Bay Area and travel around the world coaching and training people on how to really prepare for high-stakes presentations. I do this through workshops, seminars, keynotes,, live streaming, and 1:1 sessions, both in person and online.
I have personally delivered over 15,000 presentations and over 12,000 hours of professional coaching and training. I have worked in and with small and large companies, including Glue Networks, Bill.com, Education.com, Ensafer, Innovation Norway, SanDisk, Kaiser Permanente, and IBM — on designing, scripting and delivering more compelling and memorable presentations and product demos, especially in situations where you cannot afford to miss.
The Wall Street Journal called me an "elevator pitch expert" after coaching the Top 5 Finalists in the Startup of the Year award, in the actual WSJ elevators in NYC! I'm also a pitch coach for dozens of accelerators and incubators around the world and I am an Industry Fellow at UC Berkeley and a guest lecturer at Wharton Entrepreneurship. Recently, I've been coaching TED and TEDx presenters while also being featured on The Kauffman Founders School website in a free video series called Powerful Presentations and Mastering Q&A.
What do I do for people?
I literally help people prepare for presentations and product demos by rehearsing them as if they were performing in a Broadway show. The results of my coaching and training are guaranteed to give you more confidence and competence in any situation where you are speaking in public. Additionally, I will help you increase your enthusiasm factor so you will deliver more memorable presentations that receive standing ovations, win awards, or raise capital.
- Investor pitches
- Customer presentations
- Product demonstrations
- Addressing questions
- Board meetings
- Town Hall meetings
- Mastering Q&A
- Demo Days
- Panel etiquette
Virtual Coaching is now available on demand!
For more details on the Gold Certified Pitch Programs, click on either image below:
Looking for an inspiring edutaining Keynote talk?
The Kauffman Founders School produced a set of short-form videos of me called Powerful Presentations and Mastering Q&A. They will show you how to communicate and present your ideas, businesses, products, and services in more compelling ways. This series has received press in the Huffington Post, the New York Times and is being used as teaching material by Harvard Business School and Columbia University entrepreneurship professors and at Microsoft in their training of their intrapreneurs. In addition to presentation help, there are many other series to choose from. Check out their free website here at: Kauffman Founders School.
What is my unique method?
The Red Box Method is a set of tools and toys you can use immediately to increase your ability to captivate the attention of any audience. This is the cornerstone of all of my coaching and training. This method can be used with audiences of one to tens of thousands.
Who have I worked with?
Notable Client Successes
- TED Vancouver 2015 for Evan Tann
- TEDxFulbright DC Dare to THINK 2014 for Lisa Dyson
- TED-Ed 2014 for Susan Lucas-Conwell
- YourMechanic - 1st place at TechCrunch Disrupt and $50,000
- Getaround - 1st place at TechCrunch Disrupt and $50,000
- Blooom - 1st place at One in a Million 2015 and $10,000
- Shoutly - raised $2.6 million Seed round
- EyeVerify - U.S. Champion and World Champion at Get In The Ring
- WeVideo - raised $19.1 million Series A and a DEMOgod Award
- dotCloud - 1st place at gigaOm LaunchPad Structure
- Glue Networks - raised $4.5 million Series A
- InnoTech Solar - European Red Herring Top 100
- Education.com - raised $9.2 million Series B and a DEMOgod Award
- Sim Ops Studios - raised $3 million Series A and a DEMOgod Award
- BarracudaFX - 1st place at InterTradeIreland’s All-Island Seedcorn Competition and €100,000
- Epona Biotech - 2nd place at InterTradeIreland’s All-Island Seedcorn Competition and €50,000
- Liaise - $1M Media Prize People’s Choice Award winners DEMO
- Emo Labs - $1M Media Prize People’s Choice Award winners DEMO
- eXaudios - $1M Media Prize People’s Choice Award winner DEMO
- 4 out of 5 on-stage demonstrator DEMOgod Award winners DEMO
What are people saying?
"There’s an art around storytelling, but also a science. Nathan can explain the science, but he has an unrivaled eye for the art — an instinct about what works, and what doesn’t. That, together with his gentle way of providing feedback, can transform the lifeless into dynamic and engaging, with minimal pain. He worked wonders for me, while producing DEMO and our own events at VentureBeat. Before, I was a plodding, fearful, and impersonal public speaker. After, I went out there with more confidence, and to have fun." Matt Marshall, Founder & CEO, VentureBeat.com
"Have you ever seen one of those presenters that just nails it, from content and delivery to audience engagement? Nathan builds that by taking ideas and very complex technical concepts and turns them into extremely compelling and engaging presentations. His style is warm and helpful as he teaches the compilation, techniques, and delivery methods to elevate any discussion into a true and compelling stage presence." Michael Brady, Senior Vice President, Head of Infrastructure at Kaiser Permanente
More testimonials here.
Notable Organizations and Accelerators
- Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation Presentation Coach: Kauffman Founders School
- UC Berkeley Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology, Industry Fellow
- UC Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship and Technology Pitch Coach
- UC Berkeley Engineering Leadership Professional Program Pitch Coach
- Wharton Entrepreneurship Pitch Coach
- TED Vancouver 2015 Presentation Coach
- TEDxFulbright DC Dare to THINK 2014 Presentation Coach
- TED-Ed 2014 Presentation Coach
- Wall Street Journal The Accelerators Guest Mentor
- Wall Street Journal Startup of the Year 2013 Pitch Coach: Top 5 finalists
- Wall Street Journal Live Spreecast Guest Pitch Coach
- Founders Space Pitch Coach and Mentor
- IBM SmartCamp Pitch Coach
- Innovation Norway Pitch Coach
- Nordic Innovation House Pitch Coach
- VINNOVA Sweden Pitch Coach
- Runway Pitch Coach
- Institute of Product Leadership Guest Faculty
- Pitch-Force Pitch Coach
- Founders Floor Pitch Coach
- Orange Fab Incubator Pitch Coach
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology Pitch Coach
- Pipeline Entrepreneurs Presentation Coach and National Adviser
- White Summers Presentation and Pitch Coach
- German Accelerator Pitch Coach
- Innovation Centre Denmark Pitch Coach
- YouNoodle Presentation and Pitch Coach: Intel Global Challenge
- swissnex San Francisco Pitch Coach
- RocketSpace Pitch Coach
- PlugandPlayTechCenter Pitch Coach
- IDG/DEMO Conferences Official DEMO Coach
- Citrix Startup Accelerator Seed Program Pitch Coach and Instructor
- Citrix Startup Accelerator Innovators Program Pitch Coach and Instructor
- Inc. Magazine GrowCo Presentation Coach
- Wayra Telefónica Innovation Hub Pitch Coach
- Traction-Tribe Pitch Coach and Mentor
- Startup Monthly Pitch Coach and Mentor
- USMAC Presentation and Pitch Coach
- StartupYard, Czech Republic Pitch Coach
- Gray Plant Mooty Pitch Coach
- Step One Spain Presentation and Pitch Coach
- DLA Piper Venture Pipeline Group Presentation and Pitch Coach
- SVForum Investor Forum Pitch Coach
- Startup America Partnership Pitch Coach
- Irish Technology Leadership Group Presentation and Pitch Coach
- Keiretsu Forum Entrepreneur Academy Instructor and Pitch Coach