"I prepare people for high-stakes presentations by rehearsing them as if they were in a Broadway show."
Who am I?
My name is Nathan Gold, also known as The Demo Coach. I hail from the San Francisco Bay Area where I spend my days training and coaching people all around the world on how to deliver more compelling presentations and product demonstrations. I do this through workshops, seminars, keynotes, and 1:1 sessions, both in person and online.
I have personally delivered over 15,000 presentations and over 10,000 hours of professional coaching and training. I have worked in and with small and large companies, including Glue Networks, Bill.com, Education.com, Ensafer, Innovation Norway, SanDisk, Kaiser Permanente, and IBM — on designing, scripting and delivering more compelling and memorable presentations and product demos, especially for high-stakes situations.
What do I do for people?
I literally help people prepare for presentations and product demos as if they were performing in a Broadway show. The results of my training and coaching are guaranteed to give you more confidence and competence in any situation where you are speaking in public. Additionally, I will help you increase your enthusiasm factor so you will deliver more memorable presentations that receive standing ovations, win awards, or raise capital.
- Investor pitches
- Customer presentations
- Product demonstrations
- Addressing questions
- Board meetings
- Town Hall meetings
- Mastering Q&A
- Demo Days
- Panel etiquette
"Nathan Gold, founder of The Demo Coach, is an elevator pitch expert. He works with entrepreneurs and executives all over the world to help them communicate their messages more clearly and concisely. Now, he's teaming up with WSJ Startup of the Year to coach and evaluate our final five startups."
This Kauffman Founders School produced a set of short-form videos of me called Powerful Presentations. They will show you how to communicate and present your ideas, businesses, products, and services in more compelling ways. This series has received press in the Huffington Post, the New York Times and is being used as teaching material by Harvard Business School professors and at Microsoft in their training of their entrepreneurs. In addition to presentation help, there are many other series to choose from. Check out their free website here at: Kauffman Founders School.
What is my unique method?
The Red Box Method is a set of tools and toys you can use to increase your ability to captivate the attention of any audience. This is the cornerstone of all of my coaching and training. This method can be used with audiences of one to tens of thousands.
Who have I worked with?
Notable Client Successes
- YourMechanic - 1st place at TechCrunch Disrupt 2012 and $50,000
- Getaround - 1st place TechCrunch Disrupt 2011 and $50,000
- WeVideo - raised $19.1 million and a DEMOgod Award
- dotCloud - 1st place gigaOm LaunchPad Structure
- Glue Networks - raised $4.5 million Series A
- InnoTech Solar - European Red Herring Top 100
- Education.com - raised $9.2 million Series B and a DEMOgod Award
- Sim Ops Studios - raised $3 million Series A and a DEMOgod Award
- BarracudaFX - 1st place InterTradeIreland’s All-island Seedcorn Competition and €100,000
- Epona Biotech - 2nd place InterTradeIreland’s All-island Seedcorn Competition and €50,000
- Liaise - $1M Media Prize People’s Choice Award winners DEMO
- Emo Labs - $1M Media Prize People’s Choice Award winners DEMO
- eXaudios - $1M Media Prize People’s Choice Award winner DEMO
- 4 out of 5 on-stage demonstrator DEMOgod Award winners DEMO
What are people saying?
"There’s an art around storytelling, but also a science. Nathan can explain the science, but he has an unrivaled eye for the art — an instinct about what works, and what doesn’t. That, together with his gentle way of providing feedback, can transform the lifeless into dynamic and engaging, with minimal pain. He worked wonders for me, while producing DEMO and our own events at VentureBeat. Before, I was a plodding, fearful, and impersonal public speaker. After, I went out there with more confidence, and to have fun." Matt Marshall, Founder & CEO, VentureBeat.com
"Have you ever seen one of those presenters that just nails it, from content and delivery to audience engagement? Nathan builds that by taking ideas and very complex technical concepts and turns them into extremely compelling and engaging presentations. His style is warm and helpful as he teaches the compilation, techniques, and delivery methods to elevate any discussion into a true and compelling stage presence." Michael Brady, Senior Vice President, Head of Infrastructure at Kaiser Permanente
More testimonials here.
Notable Accelerators and Organizations
- Wall Street Journal The Accelerators Guest Mentor
- Wall Street Journal Startup of the Year 2013 Pitch Coach: Top 5 finalists
- Wall Street Journal Live Spreecast Guest Pitch Coach
- Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation Presentation Coach: Founders School
- UC Berkeley Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology Pitch Coach
- UC Berkeley Engineering Leadership Professional Program Pitch Coach
- IDG/DEMO Conferences Official DEMO Coach
- IBM SmartCamp Pitch Coach
- Innovation Norway Pitch Coach
- Citrix Startup Accelerator Seed Program Pitch Coach and Instructor
- Citrix Startup Accelerator Innovators Program Pitch Coach and Instructor
- Inc. Magazine GrowCo Presentation Coach
- Pipeline Entrepreneurs Presentation Coach and National Advisor
- Innovation Centre Denmark Pitch Coach
- VINNOVA Sweden Pitch Coach
- YouNoodle Presentation and Pitch Coach: Intel Global Challenge
- swissnex San Francisco Pitch Coach
- RocketSpace Pitch Coach
- PlugandPlayTechCenter Pitch Coach
- Traction-Tribe Pitch Coach and Mentor
- Pitch-Force Pitch Coach
- USMAC Presentation and Pitch Coach
- StartupYard, Czech Republic Pitch Coach
- Gray Plant Mooty Pitch Coach
- Step One Spain Presentation and Pitch Coach
- DLA Piper Venture Pipeline Group Presentation and Pitch Coach
- SVForum Investor Forum Pitch Coach
- Startup America Partnership Pitch Coach
- Irish Technology Leadership Group Presentation and Pitch Coach
- Keiretsu Forum Entrepreneur Academy Instructor and Pitch Coach